What doesn’t the exemption cover?
- - Incentive travel
- - Food and beverages served at convention centers
How can my event qualify for the exemption?
- It must be coordinated by a Mexican event organizer (PCO), hotel or other venue certified by the Mexican government.
- It must be paid through a credit agency (bank, credit card company, etc.) headquartered abroad.
- Event organizers must provide contract of service as well as migratory documents proving that all attendees reside outside Mexico.
SAVE 16% in all rooms, audio visual services and food & beverage”. Que este en negritas en la parte superior del Parrafo.
Enacted in 2004, the exemption on Value Added Tax (commonly abbreviated as V.A.T.) is a tax reform that eliminates sales tax on congresses, conventions,
fairs and expos held by foreign companies in Mexico.
What does the exemption cover?
- Airport/seaport/border transfers
- Transfers between hotels and meeting places
- Related event services such as set-up, registration masters of ceremonies, translators, hosts, audiovisual equipment, decoration, security and cleaning
- Food and beverages served by the hotel and as part of the event
- All related services contracted up to two nights before and two nights after the event